The bank has presented its external relocation plan to the unions for the employees affected by the ERE, which remain at 7,791.
CaixaBank has presented to the unions its external relocation plan for workers who leave the bank within the framework of their Record of employment regulation (ERE). To do this, the bank has hired Lee Hecht Harrison, the group’s signature Adecco specialized in this type of process, McKinsey according to union sources, who describe this program as a “image washing” Of the entity.
The consulting firm McKinsey will be in charge of carrying out an in-depth study of the current employment situation in Spain at a provincial level, with special attention to the regions in which the adjustment has a greater impact. More specifically, the consultant will analyze the economic perspectives by territory and will identify the sectors with the best evolution expectations, as well as the most demanded professional profiles with the highest level of detail possible.
For his part, Lee Hecht Harrison, who already has experience in the ERE of Santander, will develop the external relocation program. General Assembly, also from the Adecco group, will carry out digital training for workers.
The representatives of the workers and the entity have held this Wednesday their fourth meeting for the negotiation of the ERE, so that they have already exhausted the period of informal conversations and begin the period included in the Workers’ Statute from the next meeting.
The entity put on the table at the beginning of the negotiations a plan to cut 8,291 workers, although last week it decided that 500 of them would be relocated to CaixaBank Tech, the technological subsidiary that manages the entity’s IT infrastructure and develops projects related to digital transformation. A) Yes, there will be 7,791 departures of workers of the entity.
How will the relocations be?
The bank had already told the unions that at Wednesday’s meeting it would present its relocation plan, with the aim of finding work for 100% of the workers who want it.
This is a proposal that includes indefinite advice and support for affected employees throughout the job search process with the aim not only of finding employment but also of redefining their personal professional plan.
Thus, they will have a plan of consultancy unlimited sessions coaching Y training to acquire new skills, but also to enhance your personal brand and your visibility both on social networks and in forums relevant to your specialty.
The plan also includes advice for self-employment, job search in other countries and collaboration with startups who demand specialized profiles in finance and customer orientation. Likewise, it includes a special program for those who value the possibility of join other companies as independent directors and another for the group of people over 50 years of age.
Another remarkable aspect of the plan is that those affected by the ERE will be able to transfer their right to access this program to a first-degree relative (that is, a partner or children) who is unemployed or wishes to improve their career.
The plan that was launched after the ERE of 2019, as Invertia already told, resulted in a outplacement ratio 87% of people who wanted to continue working, who found a new job within an average period of four months. Of these, 64% did so with an indefinite contract since joining the company and the remaining 36% with a temporary contract that later became indefinite. For their part, thirteen former employees ended up developing self-employment projects.
The unions, for their part, describe “image washing” the external relocation plan and have exposed this Wednesday to the entity’s management their rejection of the ERE and the measures announced by the bank.
For the workers’ representatives, voluntariness is a red line before negotiating the rest of the conditions. The bank, from the beginning of the negotiations, put on the table that voluntariness would prevail, although it reserves the option of rejecting requests so that half of the departures take place in the age bracket of those under 50 years of age, which have a lower cost than the older ones.
In this meeting, the unions have also presented the economic conditions that they consider adequate for departures, among which are compensation of 70% of the salary for those over 52 years of age, 65% for those between 49 and 51 years old and 50 days per year of work, with a minimum of 36 monthly payments, for the rest.
“No we will accept no relocation plan as a solution to forced departures. Force is only combated with voluntariness and good starting conditions. The relocation plan must be a complementary measure for those who decide to leave voluntarily”, they point out from UGT.